Thursday, April 23, 2009

Extra Credit Blog

During the flood time I went thru a lot of things. Some were good, some were bad, and some were the craziest things I have ever done in my whole life. The bad things are that in my family we all got sick at the same time. I was the first one to get sick for the whole week, but I still decided to come help with the sandbagging because they really needed the help and because my Anatomy teacher was giving extra points for doing this. Good thing I didn't get worse because that day it was kind of raining and cold. Then all of my three kids got sick at the same time with strep throat, fever, running nose, and cough. On top of that, I got evacuated from my apartment because I leave very close to the river. My husband was not in town, so I had to do everything by myself. I got some valuables out of the apartment and took them to a garage I rent and which was not at risk for the flood. I have never experience this before, so I got scared and decided to go to Texas with my family. This was so crazy because I had to drive for 30hrs and I only spend the weekend there and came back. The flood screwed up things, in my Anatomy class I went from a "B" to a "C". We now have to cover so much stuff in the time remaining that is making me all stressed.Anyways, the sandbagging experience was good, but I didn't enjoyed the break from school at all.

No comments: