Friday, April 24, 2009

The lovely Flood of 09

I spent the flood time helping sandbag a little, seeing I am pregnant I couldn't do much. Since I couldn't help sandbag my family and I bought thirty pizzas a day over the first weekend to the Fargo Dome for the volunteers. It was funny, as soon as we unloaded the pizzas a line formed behind us as we brought them to the designated area. Within 5 minutes the pizza was gone. My neighborhood also did alot of sandbagging so we made food and bars and walked down our street handing it out. When the water started getting pretty high and it turned into a war zone by my house I sent my kids down to my dad's in Perham, three days later I followed. We spent about five days there before we came back home. My dad really enjoyed spending time with all of us, as did we. The flood may have been awful and devastating but alot of compassion and good was shown through it. It was amazing to see strangers coming together to help fight for our city and homes. People from all around, even other states, came to help us out in our time of need. It is nice to be reminded that there is still compassion and kindness in people.

No comments: