Tuesday, April 14, 2009

The Flood

My house was not effected at all by the flood. My dad had a pump in our basement so that if any water came in it, it would go right back out again. I was very grateful for that because so many people lost a lot of valuable stuff and there were some sad stories to be told by people I had talked to. We had no sewage back up either, I was happy about that! My family members that live around here were not effected either. During the flood week I was one of the only people out of all my friends that had to work everyday. That was kind of a bummer but a good check. I worked with this little girl every day nine to five unless I couldnt get out of my house which happened twice. I only had time to go out and help sand bag two of the days. In addition, my dad and I carried up furniture and valuables from a friends basement and helped my mother move her stuff into a friends house for the time being because she lives very close to the river. I really hope that this does not happen again any time soon because the next time my family and I might not get so lucky!

No comments: