Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Blog 6

The research paper we are working on in class is by far the hardest paper I’ve ever done in my life! All the readings and lectures have been really helping me to understand what a research paper really is. In my speech class we had a speech that we needed to cite sources for and the only way I knew how to look up information was to Google it. Once I found out that we need to use credible sources and how to access them it really calmed my nerves and taught me something that I know I’m going to need to know through out my college days.
Then the problem of how to cite a source properly came up! I thought that I could just use the computer and plug in the information and it would spit out the work cited page for me. I tried that to see if it actually worked and cited the source the way that is required and surprise surprise it didn’t do it right just like I was suspecting, but using the pocket manual and doing it by hand did and I cited all my sources except for one which I’m unsure of how to cite. To me that is a real accomplishment because I really thought that learning how to do this right was near to impossible for me. I guess anything is possible if you work hard and try, so if I can do it so can anyone else.

No comments: