Friday, February 6, 2009

Bryson Book

After reading the Bryson pages that were assigned, I realized that I can relate to most of what I read. I worked in the food business for about 5 years now, and I always disliked when the guests would ask the same question over and over. It does get frustrating when you have many of them come in all in one day. I like how Bryson writes, everytime I read the book, I always giggle about one thing or the other. I also can realte to the wasting energy thing, i usually dont turn my laptop completely off, because I hate waiting for everything to load. I really am trying to do better at wasting energy. I try not to leave my phone charger plugged in when not in use, and I always try to turn off lights that aren't necessary. The little things make a big difference. I also like how he goes about how proper english is super confusing, I went to chicago and ordered sushi, thinking it was the seaweed wrap with rice and veggies(yummy!)But no, it was raw fish. I of course didn't complain because I was in a fancy restaurant, and I needed to look and act like I had the cash, just following suit. I really like reading this book, it is very interesting and funny. I learn some things that I never knew. I think we should all leave for a couple years and see what we DIDN'T miss :)

No comments: