Friday, February 6, 2009

HELP!

The Bryson reading I decided to blog about is titled "Help!" The Reason why I decided to blog about this one imparticular is because I think he makes a very good point. But why?, why even care that your just a number. This reading starts out by the narrator (Bryson) calling the computer hotline and having to find a serial number. Which leads him to go on and talk about how companies such as credit card and, insurance companies identify you as a number. I think the point he is trying to come across in this passage is if we are all just numbers, why not just have one personal number to identify you for everything instead of many other numbers. I think the reading was very informative and true because if you really think about it we are all just numbers to the government and to companies all over the U.S. and even internationally on of Brysons examples of this is passports. So honestly I kind of agree with Bryson's passage if we are all just a number why not just have one personal number to identify you for everything. Because wouldnt that just make life a lot easier?

No comments: