Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Bryson Pages-Blog 3

I read all three reading asignments in the Bryson book, and found that The Mysteries of Christmas was my favorite to read. I never realized that we split our celebration among the three holidays of Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years. I found that pretty funny, and so true. Thanksgiving everyone gets so full and tired, an early bedtime is usually the case. Christmas is just exciting and casual, usually a few drinks and fellowship is the conclusion of the night. New Years Eve though, is the craziest night of the year. Kissing random people just because the next year has arrived, drinking excessivly to not remember all the people that were kissed by ones self, and being hungover for two days usually is how that goes. I really do dislike the fact that Thanksgiving and christmas are only about a month apart, and most families eat the same exact thing. I think when I have a family someday, I am going to have the traditional turkey dinner for Thanksgiving, and for Christmas, have steak and shrimp, or tacos.. that sounds good to me!! Keep it light and unrepeating of the previous holiday. The other two readings that we had assigned were kind of boring. But, I will have to agree that spending eight to ten dollars on a movie that was not worth it is such a mood ruiner. I would rather spend three dollars to rent the movie, eat snacks that arent as expensive, and be able to put your feet up, or burp, or text, and even pause the movie when needing to run to the bathroom. This book is great because, as an american, I find myself realating to most of what he is talking about.

No comments: