Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Blog 3

Yesterday during class I was happy that I had written an outline before hand so that I was more prepared to write my example essay. The essay I wrote was examples of how customer service workers are treated badly by customers sometimes. Since we were on a time limit using the outline made it so that I knew where I was going with the essay and so that I didn't get lost and waste precious time. Doing this assignment made me realize how important and helpful outlines can be. I also use outlines in my speech class and it is very helpful in that class too.
I have noticed that throughout the chapters that we are assigned to read the author always talks about how we need to think about whom the audience is that is going to read our papers. This is the same thing that we have to do in my speech class. Thinking about the audience makes it so that you know how much detail that you need in a paper or if you can leave something out. I learned in speech that it’s good to do audience analysis so that you know if you need more examples to clarify things for the reader.

No comments: