Thursday, February 14, 2008

Valentines Day

Last night I was sitting with my boys on the floor helping them with thier valentines for school. It was fun to see my first grader writing all the names on the different cards and watching trying to spell everyones name right. He was excited to give one to all of his teachers also. My preschooler was making his also, I would write his name on them and he would fold them. I realized that when I was younger that the valentines came with little envelopes and they don't anymore or at least of what I can tell. I was thinking about how much fun I had when I would do them for my class and how I would sit and read all of them and give the speacial cards to that boy I liked. Also I would give my best friends they best card and the people that I didnt like so much I would make sure i wouldnt give them the ones that said "Be Mine' or they might think I like them. My first grader didnt even do that he just signed them, folded them, and gave them a sucker and that was it. So maby its just a girl thing to pick out certain cards to give to that certain someone. Anyway it will be a great and fun day for my son's they get to have a party and eat candy all day!!

No comments: