Friday, January 16, 2009

Junk Food

I believe the main purpose the author was trying to make was that as we age, junk food really becomes less desirable. Also, we need to understand that we all need to start eating better to improve our health. He referenced Hostess Cupcakes as one food he could not believe did'nt really taste good to him anymore. A snack which sounds like it was one of his favorite's growing up.
I feel he was really trying to appeal to all ages who were able to read this book. Not only to the adults who are likely experiencing the same likes and dislikes. But also to the younger age groups who can read this and maybe learn that we need to start eating better.
One strategy he used was to describe the junk food in his fridge in a really unfavorable way. He seemed to go out of his way to make the food really sound gross to the reader.
I liked reading the essay, I really related to the author throughout. I found myself drawing mental pictures of the junk food and also having the feeling of not really liking those types of food anymore myself.

No comments: