Thursday, January 22, 2009

Junk or Heaven?

When reading the short story Junk Food Heaven in our book i was reading it as a woman's voice which later changed how i read the story. But what i think is really cool is that second paragraph is a type of flash back and i didnt realize it until just now looking back at the story. And it makes the whole story just come together which is odd that it's in the begining at the story and you have to realize it after your done reading the whole thing. sorry if this isn't making any sense its making perfect sense in my head. ill get better i promise. Bare with me. So anyway reading it at first i felt a little sorry for the guy becuause his wife is a health freak but then once he started talking about going to the store and picking everything in sight that is fattening i deffinetly saw where it was going...but when he walking about the ho-hos and all the junk food and how its american culture all i could think about was "no shit america is just a big fat ass" and that there is such a huge problem with weight. Well duh when all there is fatty foods. I felt so ashamed to live here almost. Embarassed. Embarassed to say yeah i live in America you know the country where everyone is fat or over weight. yeah that one! I just thought it was a little ironic that i read this story and the night before I had just watched this special on TLC about these people who were 600,900 and 1030 pounds. Americans are the biggest lazy asses ever hate to say it. Its true we do buy mircowave pancakes and marshmellow goo. Its actually quite gross. And I just laughed when the man's wife made him eat it all and he just was disgusted. I found it awesome! Mostly I like that the second paragraph tied the whole story together. The breakfast pizza in his fridge which he couldn't eat. Good story. :)

1 comment:

yeah jok said...

Hi there, I love reading your respond to the Junk Food Heaven. There were only a few things I didn't dig much. First of all you need to work on capitalizations especially the pronoun "I" and begining of the sentences. Sinces we are learning to write in the class. Second you need to limit the drop in voices, for example: "ill get better i promise. Bare with me"(right of your response)." Finally, cut down on slangs, like "freaks and asses. Otherwise good job man(g.schwanz).