Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Essay Assignment

One day last week, I was in Sun-Mart and there was this mother and her child. I could not help but notice that the girl was acting very naughty and the mother was not doing anything to calm or discipline her. It made me think to myself why is this mother not doing anything? I sat and thought about it for awhile, and then it came to me. The mother could have been scared to do anything. Now a days you cannot even glare at your child, let alone discipline your child in public without people looking at you funny. To me that is very unfair; you should be able to discipline your child without being looked down upon by the general public or worse, getting in trouble with the wrong people. Now a days the parenting world is so hard. You want to raise your children right, but how can you do that with people judging you on how to parent?

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Good topic. Parenting can yield lots of essay topics, but simply the fact that you observe something and reflect is a sort of pre-writing activity!