Sunday, January 27, 2008

Possible Essay Topics

So I'm sitting in one of my classes, and we are having a group discussion. And as this discussion is progressing, I notice how there's a student who has a comment for everything! EVERYTHING! And sometimes the comments make no sense not only to the class but also to the teacher. As this is going on, I got to thinking, why are there those people who need to have a comment for everything? Is it because they think it makes them seem more important or smarter than the rest of the class? Do they comment on everything because they like the sound of their own voice? I just don't get it. Another thing I don't understand is why people, who live in North Dakota/Minnesota, complain about the cold weather? The occasional comment "it sure is cold out today" is fine, but to sit and complain about how cold it is, and it shouldn't even be allowed to be this cold, blah blah blah, I just don't get it. Cold weather happens every year. It happened this year, it happened last year, and I'm willing to bet all of my money that it's going to happen next year. But guess what? No matter how long it lasts, next year at this time, people are going to complain about cold weather. The way I look at it is I'd rather have it really cold than really hot, because when it's cold, you can put on layers of clothes to stay warm. What are you going to do when it's really hot? And you can't say sit inside where it's air conditioned, because you could sit inside during the winter where it's heated. That's all I've got.

No comments: