Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Possible essay topics

Rebekah Ronningen
English 1101-03
Possible essay topics

Being a responsible pet owner- In sociology we were talking about walking a dog and how a person needs to clean up after their dog, and that made me think that that would be a good essay topic. In the essay a person would talk about all the things that come along with being a responsible pet owner and all the thing a person should not do when owning a pet.

Children with divorced/single parents- My son goes away every other weekend with his dad and last Friday when his dad came to pick him up he was sad to leave me but happy to see his dad, it made me feel bad for him because he seemed to be torn between us. I think that would be a good essay topic and a person could talk about how children are affected by having two separate homes.

Process of making a hula-hoop- My sister decided to make her own hula-hoop and some for her kids and my son this weekend and it got me thinking that would be a good process essay, a person could write about the materials needed and how to make them. Another thing that could be in the essay is the fact that the bigger you are the bigger the hula-hoop you need in order to actually do it, and about the exercise you can get from hula-hooping.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Great post, Rebecca. This is exactly the kind of material I was looking for: connections to your world and experiences and how they could turn into possible topics. Nicely done!