Monday, January 28, 2008

Possible Essays

The other day as I was leisurely driving home, I was passed by a car that had to have been doing close to 75-80 mph (guesstimate) in a 55 mph zone. That got me thinking about the possibilities of why that person needed to drive that fast. Do they just like to drive irresponsibly? Do they think they have to pass every car on the road? I would think there would be a good essay to come out this type of thinking. Something along the lines of, "Speeding because...(you fill in the blank)." Then I was sitting in my sociology class last week, and we began watching a movie about the desert and how parts of it are urbanized and how others aren't. But the filmmakers were playing it off with a movie that the people who lived in the un-urbanized area were oblivious to the rest of the world. That no one else was around but them. How do filmmakers get away with doing these types of documentaries? Couldn't they be sued for falsely advertising or libel or something?
I thought of one completely random topic that quite possibly is far fetched but also interesting at the same time. A group of friends and I had gone to the Rock-n-Bowl thing through the school last Thursday. I am an energetic person, and no matter how badly I was bowling, I still was enjoying myself and bouncing off the walls. I had one of the girls say " I was just like the energizer bunny" because of that energy that I had. It got me started on a thinking of what would happen if people were like the real energizer bunny on TV. It was a very random thought but it would possibly be quite the essay to read, no matter how made up it would be.

No comments: