Thursday, January 31, 2008

topic into a paper

I was siting around talking to one of my friends the other day about the possesions that we want someday. Later on it got me thinking about how long it would realisticly take me to get something like that. I came to the conclussion that I probably won't be getting anything nice like that for a good 5 years. It really sucks the more I think about the time its going to take to get what I want out of life. Some people call our generation the "now" generation. The reason for that is pretty clear, we want our stuff now plain and simple. Everyday I think, maybe I can hit the jackpot on the lottery and then not have to worry about anything the rest of my life. Problem is that I don't play the lottery, so you can see my problem. Even if I were to graduate in two years, it would still probably take me another 3 years to get to the point where im happy with the money im making. And I think if I held the same job for that long I would rip my hair out.

This subject could be made into a paper very easily. I could talk about how society is more interested in instant gradification more than the old fashion way of hard work. I wonder if this feeling is going to progress over time to the point of no return. Then the day will come when we will be a bunch of unmotivated creepers playing the lottery with high hopes.

No comments: