Monday, January 28, 2008

Essay Topics

There has been a lot on my mind this past week, much of it being from work. I have a 16 year old that I work with that is jealous of the relationship that I have with a few of the kids(I work at a childcare center). I cannot help two of these kids are drawn to me, especially since they do not have a good motherly figure in their lives. Why is it that certain children are drawn to certain people? Are there certain characteristics that children look for in a person? I have a really hard time with someone is jealous because of something I have no control over and I feel bad for these kids that I speak of.
Another topic that I could touch on is why aren't people just happy with the way they are? I know we all change our hair and dress certain ways but that isn't the issue. Why is it that when you talk to a female that is the size of a twig, they aren't happy. You talk to a larger female and they aren't happy. I know we should all strive to be healthy and fit, but you can be larger and still be healthy. No one is ever happy with they way they are, can't we just be ourselves and quit striving to be something we are not? What has possessed our nation to be this way?
It is amazing how quickly things come to mind when you free write. I drive by a salvaged car lot every day on my way to school, and all I can ever think about is if anyone has ever been killed in those vehicles. Can places like this sell cars like this to anyone on the street to fix up or do whatever they please with them? That is one thing that I would not be able to handle. If the damage is bad why don't they destroy the vehicle, it has obviously already been totalled. I get the chills every time I drive by this place, which is right along the highway. I could go on for hours on how I feel about a few of these things, but I feel I have enough topics for now.

No comments: