Thursday, March 13, 2008

3

All day I have been reading over boring miserable chapters of stuff i dont really want to know about. Is a nursing degree really want I want to aquire? I am often puzzled by people who continue to go to school for years long after taking their required generals.Why did they never figure out in school that they wouldnt like the job they went to the first 3 years of hell for? What happened? Does a person just wake up one day and decide that they dont want to become a pschologist right before they get their degree? I have talked to lots of people who dont have the answers to my questions; but they do have stories of how they changed majors after first spending thousands of dollars ,only to realize that what they are going to school for isnt the job they can see doing forever. I love to do so many things that i cant imagine only doing one thing the rest of my life. Right now i cant see myself waking up with a smile to go to a hospital everyday from 8-5. I can always change my major but then the classes i have already taken would be in vain . I was offered a scholarship to play my trumpet, it sounded like a great idea to me! however my parents wouldnt agree to help pay for tuition. Being a professional trumpet player is a "job that doesnt exist". All of my teachers have always said do somthing that you will love, not somthing that makes good money. I liked Anatomy and physiology in highschool so I thought taking nursing classes wouldnt be so bad. Highschool and college classes are much diffrent, so how is a highschool student suppose to know what college classes to sign up for?I am probly not the only one who is confused, but I want to talk to someone who knew from the beginning that they were destined for a specific job!

No comments: