Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Essays

During this class, I have learned that papers and essays are extremely important to get what you think, or feel across to people. I have come to realize that I have issues coming up with topics for the essays. I read the chapters and it sometimes helps, but its frustrating. I am a very talkative person, even if in class i dont, and its hard for me just to decide "that is the essay I am going to write." I guess that is something that happens. However, reading the Bryson essays, I become a little relieved because they seem to some how make it easy.
How any one could make household objects, such as garbage disposals, seem interesting is beyond me. But that is what makes them so much more interesting. It takes random objects, and other inadiment objects into something interesting or something to think about. Often when I've been out shopping for groceries, I have recently started thinking about how they would sound in the garbage disposal. (Even though I will probably not ever try), it is something that never crossed my mind and now has been constantly crossing it. I find it quite interesting, odd, but interesting.
I was also thinking of the classification essays. Trying to come up with something to write about, that will be interesting, and not over used. Something will show up. And thinking of the argument essay coming up, well its interesting. It will all fall into place.

No comments: