Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Papers

When I was working on my comparison essay, no matter how difficult it seemed to be once there was finally an idea in my head about what to do it on, the rest fell right into place. It seems like there is so much more to papers when they are first assigned, but when you actually sit down and think about it and let your hands type (or write) and when you are done, just going back and re-reading it. Taking the time to slowly make sure everything fits nicely, and the mistakes are corrected. In other classes I have had to write short essays, or papers, and they seem so hard, but once they are down on paper and ready to be turned in; I sometimes feel that they were almost to easy. With everything that must be put into a paper, they are nowhere near easy. Why does when you are working through things, and they get done it seems that it actually was easy? But when you really think about it, it was honestly hard? It seems to be somewhat of a conundrum to me.
Something else that was kind of on my mind was the fact of participation. Not just in one class have I noticed it, but in all of my classes. It is just the fact of how are you going to get to know people and become comfortable talking to others in the class, if you can not talk during class? Its been on my mind in alot of my classes. I know that I am not a shy, or quiet person, and that it is not as easy for everyone else as it is for me to talk. The way I look at it though, is how am I ever going to be comfortable with talking to my fellow students if no one is willing to talk unless called upon. I just do not understand somethings. Maybe it will come with age.

No comments: