Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Blog 4

When we were first assigned to write a classification essay I was very nervous to say the least. I had no clue what I was going to classify, and it was hard for me to even understand what a classification essay was. Even after reading the chapter on classification essays I was still lost, but after one of our classes it was a lot clearer for me what it was I was supposed to do. The ideas that were given by the teacher made me think a little bit more on what my topic could be. I had already had in mind doing the essay on different types of drivers, but I started to think about all the other things I could classify. When one of the options that was brought up was “boys and their toys” I thought I would maybe have fun classifying my son Gabriels toys, but when I went home and looked at the two fifty gallon totes and all the other toys he has I decided that there would be to may categories for me to write a three page paper and he would defiantly have to have a “other” category; which is not acceptable for this paper. There were a few other things I thought of categorizing but in the end I decided to stick with classifying drivers because I came up with some fun witty names for the categories and that was one of the things the teacher asked for. The names of my categories or the classes are “the holy mollies” “the pokies” and “the Maniacs”. My son was my inspiration for calling one of the classes the maniacs because that’s what he calls some of the drivers that we encounter when we go somewhere together.

No comments: