Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Blog 4

In class we read four Bryson essays that were supposed to give us a better understanding of how to classify items. This is supposed to help us in our classification essay. So we had to read pages seventeen through twenty, 47 through fifty, 59 through 62, and 218 through 221. I thought this was quite helpful. I got to see the different ways you can classify objects and different groups you can use. We were put in groups and our group had one of the four passages called "Well, doctor, I was just trying to lie down..." We had to find a set, scheme and three classes for each scheme. Our group did very well. I think we were the first group done, and this class activity furthered out knowledge on classification. I think that the Bryson essays are a huge help and are entertaining to read. Exspecially with out essay we read the outrageous things people get injured over like sheets, money, and clothes. I thought that this was a great assignment and I think the class gained further knowledge on it, because I know I did.

No comments: