Thursday, March 13, 2008

4

As I was thinking of an argumentative topic for the next research paper due, I came up with lots of ideas. The first one that came to my mind was whether or not Guantanimo Bay Cuba's Navel base should be closed. I of course would argue that its wise to keep it open. Where else is a better place to keep alquida prisoners? Cuba is the perfect place! With the Carribean sea all around the island it is impossible for escapies ( if they can climb 30 foot barbed wire) to leave sucessfully. Even if the prisoners do escape they would have to swim over 40 miles to haitii or florida (they would never get past the aquatic life). What is the government thinking when they want to close such a cool place? The Navel base is only like 11 miles if that, but communist Cuba ( outside the base ) is much more dangerous! No prisoner could leave the base by foot without first being blown up by land mines. Besides the prison camp, Guantanimo bay has Tons of things to do if you enjoy the water. As a 4th grader I could rollerblade in any direction for 4 miles and hit up any of the 10 public beaches. Each beach was diffrent, my favorite one was called hidden beach. When my sisters and I swam out past the rocks and tide on either side of us were caves filled with underwater entertainment! multiple eels of diffrent colors, 4ft groupers, sand- dollars, baby hammer heads, manta rays. The tide would bring us in and we could climb up on the caves rocks, the reflective lights were always wavering and we could watch as the bigger nursing sharks moved in(: Guantanimo also had a freshwater river on the Westward side where not even 10 years previous Giant Alligators resided. On weekends my dad would take us skiiing all day in the colder parts of the ocean. I can vivedly remember learning to get up really fast because I was questioning the fins popping up right along side me! Mostly these were just dolphins but I never knew better. Oh how I miss these days! I Hope the base never closes!

No comments: