Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Blog 4

Ladies and Gentlemen, spring break is near! Finally!! It should have been here this week, but nope, had to wait a week longer. Anyways, I just find it fascinating how College Writing and Public Speaking are so closely related. I guess one reason for that is because both classes require you to do research on a topic, and both classes require you to use the school's library for most of the research. Not only that, but both classes talk about similar subjects too. If you think about it, college writing is public speaking without actually getting up in front of the class and giving a speech. Both require you to do research, write it down, and present it. It's just that one is presented orally, and one is written. Maybe the two classes should be combined into one! That could be a good speech/essay paper topic: why speech and college writing should be one class. You all can go ahead and steal my topic if you like, it's ok with me!

1 comment:

Rebekah Ronningen said...

I know Speech and College Writing One are very similar in many aspects. Maybe instead of combining the two classes they could require all students to take them at the same time. That way students can utilize skills taught from each of the classes at the same time. I’m also in both classes right now and I truly believe that being them has helped me out in different ways for both of the classes. I’ve found that the outlines I use to create my speeches works great for the papers I write in our writing class.