Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Blog 4!

About a month ago, I began my business as an independent beauty consultant for Mary Kay cosmetics. I've realized that while running a business--which is harder than I thought as a 19 year old--and going to school, AND working at the Sunmart Deli, it's hard to balance my life out!! School has ALWAYS been my #1 priority. I think teens these days are working too much. My mom insisted that I spend my college career without a job at all! I spent only a half semester in the freshman dorms. I absolutely, without a doubt, hated it! So I moved out with my brother and his girlfriend to a place just off campus. I began to look for jobs and my mom still insisted that I just take out a loan and live off THAT my college career... then when I graduate, I'll get a great job in a Hospital somewhere and THEN start earning the big bucks to pay off all my school debt! But I got a job instead. What if I ended up not having a job? Would I have a better GPA? Maybe my mom's right! Even though I earn twice as much money per month than I EVER have... I still wonder how much better my grades would be if I didn't have OTHER priorities. And what about everybody else? Would they feel less stressed and more confident in school if they didn't have a job?!


I don't think I have yet to find a GREAT topic about any of the essays we've done. I'm pretty confident I can write a decent paper, but I feel like I spend 1/4 of the time writing it, and 3/4 of the time thinking of a topic! When I begin to write my classification essay, like Jennifer said one day... mine sounded like a comparison essay! It may or may not be a good time to go talk to a tutor in the Learning Center for ideas!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know you have been advised by Pink to check out the pinktruth.com website, however, I would recommend you don't waste the little time you have filling your head with non-sense.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, don't spend any time over there. Find positive websites to look at.